- Heat 3 tbsps of Oil in a cooking pan and add roasted/crushed cumin & coriander seeds. Let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add thinly sliced onions and let it cook for 1 min or so till the onion becomes pink.
- Now add sliced potatoes, sliced tomatoes, Crushed red chilies, turmeric, salt and half of the green chilies. Mix it and cook on high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Add ¼ cup of water and reduce the heat. Let the potatoes cook on low heat in steam for 15-20 mins or till potatoes are done.
- Garnish it with remaining green chilies and fresh coriander.
Friday, 31 October 2014
There are days when nothing is more comforting than a meal as basic and simple as Potato Bhojia. Whether its the plunging mercury which makes one crave for carbs or a crazy weekday when you don’t have time to cook an elaborate meal for the family. This humble dish never fails to satisfy and delight everyone. I tend to slice potatoes, tomatoes, onions and chilies together in my food processor. It takes less than a minute to slice everything with unified thickness hence reducing the cooking time significantly.
Leftover bhojia either becomes a sandwich on a weekday or becomes a stuffed paratha served with milky, sugary tea on a weekend. There is no waste and no matter how much you make, the cooking pan is always wiped clean. There are quite a few ways to cook a potato bhojia. I prefer this particular method. Hope you enjoy it.
Potatoes – ½ kilo – Thinly Sliced
Tomatoes – 2 Medium (Thinly Sliced)
Onion – 1 small (Thinly Sliced)
Green Chilies – 2 –Sliced
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (crushed)
Roasted Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp (Crushed)
Dried Crushed Chilies – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Fresh Coriander - for Garnish